POSTOPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR
- It is recommended that you wear a scrotal support or Jockey type shorts for 1-2 weeks to immobilize the testicles and scrotum.
- Please place an ice pack on the surgical site for the first 24-48 hours as this will significantly help relieve the normal swelling that appears.
- You can expect swelling, black and blue areas, and occasional blood spotting.
- On the day of surgery, it is recommended that you spend as much time in bed as possible. On the day after surgery you may resume restricted activities until you are checked back in the office. It is important that you do not strain during bowel movements or engage in any heavy lifting or exertional activities.
- You may resume your regular diet.
- You may bathe or shower. Try not to get the sutures wet, as dryness facilitates the healing process. The sutures will dissolve on their own.
- It is possible that you will have a sore throat for a day or so if the anesthesiologist has used a breathing tube during your procedure. If so, this responds nicely to Cepacol lozenges as well as soft, cold foods, such as yogurt and ice cream.
- Take the antibiotic prescribed to completion to prevent infection.
- Take the pain medication prescribed, as needed. Please do not drive or operate machinery while on the pain medication. The pain medication may cause constipation and if so, you can use a laxative as necessary. It is important that you resume all of your regular prescription medications.
- Please call the office for a follow-up visit. If you encounter any emergency, please call the office at 201.342.6600.
Andrew Siegel, M.D.
Our Website Disclaimer
Bergen Urological Associates
255 W. Spring Valley Ave.
Maywood, NJ 07607
VIEW MAP >>
222 Cedar Lane
Teaneck, NJ 07666
VIEW MAP >>